Here is, hopefully, the last update on this topic. Apologies for the verbosity.

One unfortunate thing about this update is that the svn repository has
moved. If you have a version of the source checked out via svn, you
need to change the repository URL.
You have a few choices:
1) checkout a fresh copy (instructions for how to do that are here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/rdkit/code)
2) switch your existing copy. The method for the switch depends on how
you checked out the code in the first place, but this is what I just
did :
svn switch --username glandrum --relocate
https://rdkit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rdkit/trunk
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/rdkit/code/trunk
I'm not quite sure why, but this worked for me on linux, but not on the Mac.
3) If you have unchecked-in changes that you want to keep, you can do
something like this:
   - cd $RDBASE
   - svn update
   - cd ..
   - svn diff $RDBASE > rdk.patch
   - mv $RDBASE $RDBASE.old
   - <do a fresh rdkit checkout as directed in option 1 above>, make
sure it goes into the directory $RDBASE
   - patch -p0 < ./rdk.patch

Best,
-greg