Dear all,

We had a discussion thread about switching the RDKit project to use git and
github for the primary source repository and bug tracker. Thanks to a lot
of help from Gianluca Sforna, it's time to make this transition for real.

We have a repository set up now on github that contains the full commit
history of the sourceforge svn instance.
I've set the sourceforge svn repository to be read only.

Here's what's going to happen over the next few days:
* Gianluca is going to set up a script that mirrors changes from git->svn
so that people who are more comfortable with svn can continue to use it.
* The current rdkit git repo is going to need to be renamed or deleted (it
doesn't have the full commit history) so that the new one can be renamed to
rdkit. Gianluca will post when this is done.

There won't be any rdkit code changes until this is all in place and we're
satisfied that it's working.

Many, many thanks to Gianluca for all the work that he's done and the help
he's provided as I started to learn how to work with git.

There may be a few bumps along the way, but we're going to end up with a
setup where it's a lot easier for others to make contributions and
contribute patches to the RDKit. It's exciting. :-)

-greg