This change has now been made.
The RDKit master branch (the default one in github) has been moved to
modern c++.
The previous status of master is captured here:
https://github.com/rdkit/rdkit/tree/legacy/master

Hopefully this doesn't cause horrible problems for anyone with active
forks, but I figure there are likely to be at least a few bumps. Hopefully
they aren't too large.

-greg