Hi Jim,

RDGeneral/export.h is generated when you run cmake; it is not part of the distribution.

If you do a

mkdir build && cd build && cmake ..

in the RDKit root directory the file will be generated, then you may copy it in your RDGeneral directory.

It is worth mentioning that the PGXS-style Makefile is currently deprecated; you can build the PostgreSQL cartridge as part of a standard CMake build by setting the relevant cmake variables, e.g.

  -DRDK_BUILD_PGSQL=ON \
  -DRDK_PGSQL_STATIC=ON \
  -DPostgreSQL_ROOT=/usr/pgsql-12 \
  -DPostgreSQL_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/pgsql-12/include \
  -DPostgreSQL_TYPE_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/pgsql-12/include/server \
  -DPostgreSQL_LIBRARY_DIR=/usr/pgsql-12/lib \

However, if you prefer to use the PGXS-style Makefile, it should work provided you generate RDGeneral/export.h by running cmake once and then copy it to your own RDGeneral directory.

I hope the above helps, cheers
p.