Hi Paul,

We are using RDKit along with R, instead of scikit-learn,  though the
general idea is the same.

Using a "good" dataset of compounds with known biological property you can
train a model using an algorithm such as Random Forests.
This model, can later be used on a new dataset to predict the
aforementioned biological property.
What you actually do, is finding correlations between the chemical
properties and a known biological property of compounds.

This can be applied to any problem where there is the need to predict a
biological property.

Hope this helps a bit.

Kind regards,
Christos