just solved that problem (I had messed up the path in .bashrc when inserting
the necessary rdkit path)  but not out of the woods yet. The make && make
install && make installcheck command gives me this:

gcc -I/usr/local/include -I/home/apannife/rdkit2/RDKit_2014_03_1/Code
-DRDKITVER='"007200"'   -I. -I. -I/usr/pgsql-9.0/include/server
-I/usr/pgsql-9.0/include/internal -I/usr/include/et -D_GNU_SOURCE
-I/usr/include/libxml2  -I/usr/include -fPIC -c -o guc.o guc.c
guc.c: In function 'initRDKitGUC':
guc.c:84: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomRealVariable'
guc.c:100: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomRealVariable'
guc.c:114: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomBoolVariable'
guc.c:131: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomIntVariable'
guc.c:147: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomIntVariable'
guc.c:163: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomIntVariable'
guc.c:179: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomIntVariable'
guc.c:195: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomIntVariable'
guc.c:211: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomIntVariable'
guc.c:227: error: too many arguments to function 'DefineCustomIntVariable'
make: *** [guc.o] Error 1