Hi Greg,

Thanks for that.

Why do I ask? Because the sdf files [1] distributed by the wwPDB, such as this one:

http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/files/ligand/CQ8_ideal.sdf

from this page:

http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/ligand/ligandsummary.do?hetId=CQ8

are upper-cased. I didn't know whether that was right or not (and, as you imply, RDKit will not parse it). I'll get in touch with them and see if they can get it changed.

Paul.

[1] I thought that they were molfiles when I wrote the mail - and I suppose the same thinking applies.