Hi Dimitri,

That can be avoided building the RPMs on older RHEL distributions using the Red
Hat Developer Toolsets that Greg and others mentioned. These toolsets include
newer compilers, which however link the binaries against the GLIBC present in
the distribution they run on, thus maintaining the backwards compatibility. For
example, devtoolset-4 brings GCC 5.2 to RHEL 6:

http://developers.redhat.com/products/developertoolset/get-started-rhel6-cpp/

Cheers,
p.