Thanks !

Jean-Marc

Le 11/10/2016 à 10:57, Greg Landrum a écrit :
Here's the explanation of the RDKit's aromaticity model:
https://github.com/rdkit/rdkit/blob/master/Docs/Book/RDKit_Book.rst#aromaticity

-greg

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Jean-Marc Nuzillard <jm.nuzill...@univ-reims.fr <mailto:jm.nuzill...@univ-reims.fr>> wrote:

    Hi,

    maybe I am a bit off topic but I would not have said that the
    nitrogen containing ring is aromatic.
    Of course, if all bonds are forced to be aromatic when they are
    not necessarily, you may end up
    with inconsistencies. A nitrogen in an aromatic ring should bear a
    positive
    charge when it bears an hydrogen atom (like in a pyridinium ion).
    I doubt (but this is only my opinion) that Out[56] represents an
    entity with a chemical reality.

    The anthracene part in Out[58] could be drawn with aromatic bonds
    (or a circle in the middle
    of the two hexagons), but I think that the third ring must be left
    with an explicit double bond.

    All the best,

    Jean-Marc