Hello,

I've been benchmarking different softwares for substructure searching of
molecules. From what I can tell, RDKits substructureMatch appears to do the
job. I have been looking around the documentation and this forum for a
description of how it actually works. As I understand it, it does the
calculation from a molecule object that is created from the smile?

How does substructureMatch work? Is it still fingerprint based? How
accurate is it? Is there a description of some standardised term for what
is happening there?

Best,
Axel