Hi all,

I'm not sure if this topic has come up before, but SVG rendering in Jupyter
notebooks seems to make small molecules like methanol and water completely
invisible.  The same molecules render successfully for me using non-SVG
renderers.

Can others reproduce this behavior?  Are there any easy-ish fixes for this?

Curt

*# import rdkit components*
*from rdkit import Chem*
*from rdkit.Chem import Draw*
*from rdkit.Chem.Draw import IPythonConsole*

*# two very small molecules*
*methanol = Chem.MolFromSmiles('CO')*
*water = Chem.MolFromSmiles('O')*

*# SVG rendering seems to make small molecules like water and methanol
completely invisible*
*IPythonConsole.ipython_useSVG=True*
*Draw.MolsToGridImage([water, methanol])*

*# With SVG off the molecules are visible*
*IPythonConsole.ipython_useSVG=False*
*Draw.MolsToGridImage([water, methanol])*