I don't know the exact glide procedure, but I did write such a system for
OpenEye (POSIT).  The issue you are facing is that the RMSD portion is just
a constraint used for docking, it isn't used as the "score", in fact, it
can't tell if the conformation interpenetrates the active site or which
orientation is better.

I believe RDKit can generate conformations with a template, see
AllChem.ConstrainedEmbed, this would solve half of your problem in creating
conformations that match your template.  You still have the problem with
scoring against your active site.  POSIT scored against the shape tanimoto
of the active ligands (if any) to try to fill the same space as the known
ligands. See rdkit.Chem.rdShapeHelpers.ShapeTanimotoDist

This might not be what you want, but we had good success with similar
methods and virtual screening, especially when using multiple co-crystal
active sites.   I can send you a reference link if this interests you

Cheers,
 Brian