> Is there something that the compute2DCoords() is doing that makes it a
> dependency for WedgeMolBonds()

Yes, calculating 2D coordinates. Look at these two molecules, they are the
same but the atoms have been positioned differently in 2D and hence the
wedging needs to be different. Therefore you need 2D coordinates before you
can (re)assign wedges.
[image: Inline images 3]
In truth since the two (2D layout and wedging) are dependant I'd probably
make the layout call the wedging automatically

John