Hi Greg,

Actually this question is relevant to my recent thread about aligning MCS
of 2 compounds. As also seen in the code I have posted in my last email, I
first generate N conformers of each query compound and then optimize them
using distance restraints in order to superimpose their MCS with that of
the reference ligand. So I tried the new code as you suggested and although
less, I still get wrong geometries for some compounds, particularly in the
aromatic rings. I tried to repair the wrong conformers by copying the
original bondlengths, angle and dihedral values from my starting
conformation which always has correct geometry. However I get the following
errors whenever I encounter aromatic atoms:

from Chem.rdMolTransforms.SetDihedralDeg()

> ValueError: bond (j,k) must not belong to a ring

from Chem.rdMolTransforms.SetAngleDeg()

> ValueError: bonds (i,j) and (j,k) must not both belong to a ring

from Chem.rdMolTransforms.SetBondLength()

> ValueError: bond (i,j) must not belong to a ring

How can I reset the bondlengths, angles and dihedrals of the aromatic rings
to their initial values?

thanks
Thomas