Hi Ambrish,

Assuming that I understand correctly what you want to do, here's an example
using built-in RDKit functionality that generates a reaction fingerprint
(using default parameters, you can change these) and then converts it into
a bit vector using a simple: "if the bit is set in the original fingerprint
set it in the bit vector":

In [3]: from rdkit.Chem import rdChemReactions

In [4]: fp = rdChemReactions.CreateDifferenceFingerprintForReaction(rxn)

In [5]: fp
Out[5]: <rdkit.DataStructs.cDataStructs.UIntSparseIntVect at 0x10bb4ff30>

In [6]: from rdkit import DataStructs

In [7]: ebv = DataStructs.ExplicitBitVect(2048)

In [8]: for bit in fp:
   ...:     ebv.SetBit(bit%ebv.GetNumBits())
   ...:

In [9]: ebv.GetNumOnBits()
Out[9]: 5

I don't think this is the best strategy since it treats positive and
negative values the same, but without more information on what you want to
do it's the best I can do.