Correction here, you are not making two products because you are grouping
the results ala:

>>> rxn = AllChem.ReactionFromSmarts("([C:1][*][N:2])>>([C:1].[N:2])")

>>> prods = rxn.RunReactants([Chem.MolFromSmiles("FC1ON1I")])

>>> Chem.MolToSmiles(prods[0][0])

'CF.NI'

However, it appears that you aren't mapping anything explicitly between
[C:1] and [N:2] in some cases so the left hand side doesn't know what
really to do.

I'll have to dig into this a little more.

Cheers,
 Brian