Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing this out.
Brian fixed this on master a while ago (
https://github.com/rdkit/rdkit/pull/1410) and we will have the fix in the
2017.03.2 patch release (coming, hopefully, next week).
Here's a quick demo that it actually works:
In [2]: pandas.__version__
Out[2]: '0.20.1'

In [3]: from rdkit.Chem import PandasTools

In [4]: