Hi,

I am trying to install RDKit on a university cluster running Linux from
source.  The build seem to go OK and 'make install' copied the
directories

  lib
  rdkit

to the NFS share where the software should reside.  I then do

  export RDBASE=/cm/shared/apps/rdkit/rdkit_2017_03_3
  export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$RDBASE
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$RDBASE/lib

However when I then run Python (2.6.6) and try

  import rdkit

I get

  ImportError: No module named rdkit

I am not a Python person and my naive expectation was that there should
be a file called

  rdkit.py

which has to be on my PYTHONPATH.  However, since the unpacked sources
together with the build don't seem to contain such a file, either
something is broken or the rdkit module should be found by some other
mechanism.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or what initialisation file I should
ensure is on my PYTHONPATH?

Cheers,

Loris

--