Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying out the postgresql cartridge in my conda environment [1].

To test how things work, I followed this tutorial:

https://www.rdkit.org/docs/Cartridge.html

Everything went smoothly (see notebook attached), but I am surprised that queries return molecules not as Mol objects but as str (smiles).

Is this the expected behavior?

If so, how could I do to retrieve molecules as Mol objects instead of smiles?

Thanks in advance for any hindsight on how to do this!

Best regards,
Jose Manuel Gally

[1] rdkit/rdkitpostgresql: 2018.09.1.0, postgresql:10.5, psycopg2: 2.7.5