From: <mi...@novadatasolutions.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2019 at 16:52
Subject: [Rdkit-discuss] Fwd: sending warnings to stderr/stdout to files

Hi Rdkit forum,

Easy question, perhaps difficult to answer…

I’ve been reading a lot of support messages, many a very old about how to get
warnings (only visible at the cmd line) to be send to files.

I can get error messages sent, but not warnings.

The type I’m trying to capture are – which I can see when I run code at the cmd
line, but not in jupyter-notebook.

“charges were rearranged”

“Omitted undefined stereo”

Ideally I’d like to run the code in jupyter-notebook and also at the cmd line
with python script.py etc  and get the warnings into a file.

Can you provide me with a simple example as to how to do this?

Thanks,

mike

Dr Mike Mazanetz, FRSC

Director

Honorary Lecturer

School of Natural and Computing Sciences

University of Aberdeen

+44 (0) 141 533 0930

+44 (0) 7780 672509

mi...@novadatasolutions.co.uk