I have a database which contains these three molecules.
N[C@H](Cc1ccc(B(O)O)cc1)C(=O)O
N[C@@H](Cc1ccc(B(O)O)cc1)C(=O)O
NC(Cc1ccc(B(O)O)cc1)C(=O)O

It seems that the exact search does not respect the rdkit.do_chiral_sss
# select * from rdk.mols where m@=
mol_from_smiles('NC(Cc1ccc(B(O)O)cc1)C(=O)O');
structure_id |             m
--------------+----------------------------
     29303328 | NC(Cc1ccc(B(O)O)cc1)C(=O)O
(1 row)
With do_chiral_sss set to false I would expect that all three would be found!
Instead the @= will only find the those with matching stereochemistry.
The @> operator does return all three, but it also returns hits that contain
more than what I want.
Moreover the semantics of the operators seem arbitrary.

I think it would be better if chiral searching was done with an option to the
operator rather than a session variable, but at least chiral searching should
be consistent!
otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other
person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system.
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept
liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a
result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized
changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA,
Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this
message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused
by any virus transmitted therewith. Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer
to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this
disclaimer.