Hi Tim,

based on

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/module/UseJava.html

set(CMAKE_JAVA_COMPILE_FLAGS"-source 8")

might do the trick.

Cheers,
p.

On 03/01/2020 17:41, Tim Dudgeon wrote:
Hi Paolo,

I'm afraid that's not working for me. Still getting Java11 class files.
My cmake command is:

cmake -Wno-dev\
  -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3\
  -DRDK_BUILD_INCHI_SUPPORT=ON\
  -DRDK_BUILD_AVALON_SUPPORT=ON\
  -DRDK_BUILD_PYTHON_WRAPPERS=ON\
  -DRDK_BUILD_SWIG_WRAPPERS=ON\
  -DJAVA_COMPILE="/usr/bin/javac -source 8"\
  ..

When it's built I run:

javap -cp ./Code/JavaWrappers/gmwrapper/org.RDKit.jar -verbose org.RDKit.RDKFuncs | grep major

and get:

  major version: 55

55 is the class version for Java11.

In fact if I set JAVA_COMPILE to complete nonsense everything still builds OK!

Tim