Hi Changge,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 5:14 PM Chicago Ji <chicago...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I find that rdkit cartridge is quite efficient in substructure searching.

Glad to hear that! :-)

> Is there any paper or similar paper that describes things behind rdkit
> cartridge?

No, just the documentation.

> For example, what kind of substructures were indexed?

The Pattern fingerprint is what's used to build the index for substructure
searching. That fingerprint is described in the RDKit documentation here:
https://www.rdkit.org/docs/RDKit_Book.html#pattern-fingerprints

> Is there a way that the users can add custom defined fingerprints and
> substructures?

I'm not sure what you mean by substructures, but you can, from Python, use
custom fingerprints in the cartridge. That's explained here:
http://rdkit.blogspot.com/2017/04/using-custom-fingerprint-in-postgresql.html