Hi Chris,

we use MongoDB in our COCONUT database of open natural products
(https://coconut.naturalproducts.net).
For obvious reasons, we use the CDK under the hood, but we are not religious
about this and use Rdkit in a lot of our research.
We store the chemical structures of natural products and their meta-data  (what
species they were isolated from, for example).
And of course, we have the usual needs for chemical searches, such as identity,
substructure and similarity search. The similarity search using as much native
MongoDB functionality as possible is an interesting problem. I assume you have
seen the few blog posts on this topic. If not, let me know. I am cc-ing Maria
Sorokina who works on COCONUT in my team.
We would be happy to have a call.

Kind regards,   Chris

—
Prof. Dr. Christoph Steinbeck
Analytical Chemistry - Cheminformatics and Chemometrics
Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany
Phone Secretariat: +49-3641-948171
http://cheminf.uni-jena.de
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6966-0814

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise.
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..