Hi all,

I'm trying to generate a 2D layout with sensible locations for hydrogens, and
am struggling a bit. If I start from SMILES:

m=Chem.MolFromSmiles('Nc1nnc2n1CCS2')
m2=rdmolops.AddHs(m, False, True);

Then m2 has perfectly sensible 2D cords for the hydrogens. If I use
addCoords=False here then the hydrogens are all at the origin, which is
more-or-less expected.

If, however, I generate new 2D coords for the heavy atoms with CoordGen:

m=Chem.MolFromSmiles('Nc1nnc2n1CCS2')
Chem.rdCoordGen.AddCoords(m)
m2=rdmolops.AddHs(m, False, True);

then the 2D coords for the hydrogens are poor on the 5-membered ring, and the
two hydrogens on the NH2 are superimposed.

(In practise I'm starting from a 3D SDF and trying to generate 2D coords for
it, hence the need for CoordGen).

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Mark