Von: Bennion, Brian via Rdkit-discuss <rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Gesendet: Freitag, 25. September 2020 07:19
An: RDKit Discuss <rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Betreff: [Rdkit-discuss] proper technical term for generating virtual compounds
with rdkit and smarts

hello

I have a paper in review and is intended for a large audience that has
synthetic chemists, biologist and comp chem.
One reviewer had issues with the term in-silico syntheses.
I used rdkit and smarts reactions to generate large libraries of compounds for
our research project.  Is there a better term to use?  I feel "chemical
enumeration" is just as foreign.

The abstract is below.

The current standard treatment for organophosphate poisoning primarily relies
on the use of small molecule-based oximes that can efficiently restore
acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity.  Despite their efficacy in reactivating
AChE, the action of drugs like 2-pralidoxime (2-PAM) is primarily limited to
the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and, thus, provides no protection to the
central nervous system (CNS).  This lack of action in the CNS stems from the
ionic nature of the drugs; they cannot cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) to
access to any nerve agent-inhibited AChE therein.  In this report, we present a
small molecule oxime, called LLNL-02, that can diffuse across the BBB for
reactivation of nerve agent-inhibited AChE in the CNS.  Our
candidate-development approach utilizes a combination of parallel chemical and
in - silico syntheses, computational modeling, and a battery of detailed in
vitro and in vivo assessments that have identified LLNL-02 as a top CNS-active
candidate against nerve agent poisoning.   Additional experiments to determine
acute and chronic  toxicity as required for regulatory approval are ongoing.