Hi,

I am trying to compile rdkit version 2020-09-1 from source on MacOS Catalina
10.15.7. Has anyone managed to do this without the boost errors? I have boost
1.74 installed and I also compiled boost 1.72 from source. if I want switch to
the little bit older boost libraries by passing  -DBOOST_ROOT=/Users/me/boost/
-DBoost_NO_SYSTEM_PATHS=ON .. Then at the end after the errors I get this
message:

 CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

    BOOST_ROOT
    Boost_NO_SYSTEM_PATHS

And of course it tried to use boost 1.74. The errors related to boost typically
look like this:

CMake Error at Code/cmake/Modules/RDKitUtils.cmake:55 (add_library):
  Target "MolEnumerator_static" links to target "Boost::iostreams" but the
  target was not found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an
  IMPORTED target, or an ALIAS target is missing?
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  Code/GraphMol/MolEnumerator/CMakeLists.txt:1 (rdkit_library)

I of course tried to use brew to install rdkit but that fails because of python
3.9 numpy bug. Naturally I would like to use python 3.8.5 which seems to be
picked up by cmake correctly.

Does anyone have some tips or tricks regarding the problems with boost?
Can i use python 3.8.5 for the python wrappers or only python 3.9 (where the
brew installtion goes wrong I guess)?

Many thanks,
Zoltan