Hi,
I think that is not expected behavior and perhaps it could be a consequence
of a faulty reaction definition.
using the following with a generic amide coupling:

rxn =
AllChem.ReactionFromSmarts('[C:1](=[O:2])[OH:3].[N:4]>>[C:1](=[O:2])[N:4].[OH:3]')
reactant1 = Chem.MolFromSmiles("C[C@@H](OC1=CC(C(=O)O)=CC=C1)C1=CC=CC=C1")
reactant2 = Chem.MolFromSmiles("NC1(CO)CC(F)(F)C1")
prod = rxn.RunReactants((reactant1,reactant2))[0][0]
display(prod)

i get the expected product:
[image: image.png]

C[C@@H](Oc1cccc(C(=O)NC2(CO)CC(F)(F)C2)c1)c1ccccc1

using your more specific reaction definition that includes the whole
reactant1 structure, the reaction does not work because the amine reactant
is defined as [NH3] in the reaction smarts, so ammonia only. if i replace
it with an amine generic
'C[C@@H](Oc1cccc(C(=O)O)c1)c1ccccc1.[N:1]>>C[C@@H](Oc1cccc(C(=O)[N:1])c1)c1ccccc1'
reaction smarts i also get the expected product that includes the stereo
center.
I think if your problem persists it would be good to paste a whole code
block that outputs the undesired product.
best wishes
wim