If the issue is a 2D coordinate issue (rather than a drawing layout one),
is there a way to do post-coordgen "bond rotation" in 2D coordinate space?
(That is, flip the cis/trans choice for certain bonds).

I could imagine an algorithm which samples the "2D rotatable" bonds on
Tim's structure, then figures out that by flipping the N-phenyl bond (and
potentially others) it makes the molecule suitably long and thin.