Dear Jean-Marc,

I am not entirely sure I understand what you mean with "insert atom data inside of a chain". There are a number of proprietary extensions of smiles, such as e.g. CXSMILES

https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/docs/chemaxon-extended-smiles-and-smarts-cxsmiles-and-cxsmarts.md

that offer various additional options. To some extent, CXSMILES are supported by RDKit:

https://www.rdkit.org/docs/RDKit_Book.html#cxsmiles-cxsmarts-extensions

Hope ths helps,
Nils