Dear list,

Am I right that rdkit has an UFF implementation, but the
recommended partial charges for UFF cannot be computed by rdkit?
Those charges are called QEq in the UFF seminal paper[1].

I think openbabel can compute them, but I am surprised if this is not included in rdkit.

Does it mean that the UFF rdkit implementation doesn't include electrostatic
interactions?

Will hardcore computational chemists send me to hell if I use UFF in combination
with the MMFF94 partial charges?

Should we include QEq charges in rdkit? (I honestly don't know yet if this is hard
to implement)

Thanks a lot,
Francois.

[1] UFF, a full periodic table force field for molecular mechanics and molecular dynamics simulations
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja00051a040