I've had several MX and FM failures (at least 5) over the years, often with
the output at zero. I don't know what actually fails, but they just stop
producing.  I must admit, I don't remember if in all cases I tried
resetting them to factory default, but my memory is when talking to Outback
support, after checking for appropriate input and output voltages, if there
aren't any other obvious issues, they've told me the units are toast.
Howie Michaelson
Sun Catcher