Hi All,

I have an AC coupled Radian that is used to back up certain loads when the
grid is down. It is paired with the Northstar Blue (Outback) batteries. The
system sits in float nearly all the time. During a recent grid outage, the
batteries had less than half the capacity that I would have expected, and
they are only about 3.5 years old with very few cycles on them.

I tried to talk to Outback about it, which seems to not be possible
anymore. I did talk to Northstar, and they recommend not leaving the
batteries in float all the time.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to force the Radian to
automatically discharge the batteries to a certain voltage ideally once a
week, but could do daily. Essentially, I would like to utilize a time of
use schedule where I can force the radian to not use the grid and just use
the battery to power the loads for a little while. Ideally this would be
automatic, and not require the customer to go through the grid breaker
every once in a while. It seems that from the manual, I need to keep the
Radian in Grid Tie mode in order for it to be able to sell excess PV back
to the grid. Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Dave

--