Interesting and the closest I have done to this is a ballast mount.
I will say I have broken quite a few cordless drills and killed Lithium batteries with big torque.
My vote is a genset/ extension cord. Good Luck!

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
   [3]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [4]  [3]
e-mail  offgridso...@sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-10-09 7:32 am, Dave Tedeyan via RE-wrenches wrote:

Hi all,

I am going to try out the Nuance OSPREY PowerRack as a ground mount option that does not require an excavator. I am wondering two things about it:

1. Does anyone have experience with this, and do you like it?

2. What drill do you use for the drive rod?

It seems like the Milwaukee 2" SDS max drill is the standard - https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/5342-21 I am wondering if it is possible to use a cordless drill though. DeWalt makes both a cordless and corded version that claim to have the same impact energy as each other, although both are less than the Milwaukee Drill. Milwaukee has 19.9 ft-lbs of energy and the DeWalt ones have 19.4 Joules, which is 14.3 ft-lbs of energy. Cordless Kit - https://www.dewalt.com/product/dch773y2/60v-max-2-brushless-cordless-sds-max-combination-rotary-hammer-kit Corded Kit - https://www.dewalt.com/product/d25773k/2-sds-max-rotary-hammer

The cordless drill is tempting because I already have a bunch of DeWalt equipment, and it would be nice to avoid needing a generator or some very long extension cords.

Thanks!
-Dave
--

[1]

Dave Tedeyan, P.E.
Owner | Sungineer Solar

p: he | him | his
a: 1653 Slaterville Rd. | Ithaca, NY 14850
w: www.sungineersolar.com [2]
c: (607) 270-0370

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette: