On May 02, 2006, at 01:19 UTC, Jonathon Bevar wrote:

> Ok, tell me this about the line of code:
>
> myOutputStream.WriteLine MD5( thePassword )
>
> thePassword?  Is this the Editfield text, like this - thePassword.text?

Yes, or whatever variable or property you've previously stored the password in.

> Now, we got the writing TO the text file, now how do I read FROM it?

Using TextInputStream as usual.  Remember that you can't undo this MD5 hash;
you just read it in, and then compare it to the MD5 of whatever the user enters
for a password to see if it matches.

(I'm assuming that you have gone through the tutorials that come with RB, and
mastered the basics of reading and writing files, designing windows and menus,
etc.)

Best,
- Joe

--
Joe Strout -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Available for custom REALbasic programming or instruction.