Hi Max and Gabriele,

thanks for your help!

In the REBOL Language FAQ I found a reference to REBOL_HOME, but I couldn't
find references anywhere else!
 There are however references to the HOME variable in de Core Users Guide.

As you say Gabriele, indeed I found a variable HOME in the registry,
pointing to the correct directory.
My problem however is that my user.r doesn't get executed without a correct
HOME environment variable!
Replacing HOME with REBOL_HOME just makes that user.r doesn't get executed
anymore, which is bad!

What is also important is that it did work without problems (without an
environment variable), when I had the regular REBOL/View version running.
The problem started when I switched to the latest View Beta
(rebview1246031.exe).

I then could solve it with a HOME env. var to get user.r executed again.
But now the Gimp really needs (another) HOME var and clashes with REBOL.

Using REBOL_HOME doesn't work AFAICS

Any ideas?

BTW, I really do not understand why RT doesn't package View beta releases in
exactly the same way as regular releases!!!

   Arie van Wingerden
http://home.zonnet.nl/rebolution/