Hi Tom,

TF> it would sure be nice to have call, encryption, etc, in
TF> rebol/core.

TF> is a core/pro version in the works?  Why not?

Do you want it in Core so it's free, or so you don't have the overhead
of Command/View? If the latter, you can get the SDK and use the /Pro
kernel; if the former, CALL *may* be included in future versions of
Core (I don't know that RT has committed to it for sure though).

>From their docs:

/Pro is built on top of /Base and includes:

Shell - run external applications and commands
Library - interface to external libraries (DLLs)
FastCGI - fast processing of CGI
Registry - access to the windows registry
Encryption - Blowfish, Rijndael, AES, and more
RSA Encryption - public key encryption
DH/DSA Encryption - digital signatures and key exchange
SysPort - exception trapping and more

If you want all the commercial features in a free version, I guess my
answer to "why not?" would be, "How will RT stay in business if they
give everything away for free?"

-- Gregg