Hi Ron,

Ron D. Smith schrieb:

I cannot reproduce your problem because our install does not accept the locale. However if you look at the RD_TRACE that gets produced (which shows you the *actual* code produced by PR::D) you will notice that /\w/ is not *directly* translated, but instead becomes 's/\A(?:\w)//'. Perhaps this explains what you see, perhaps not.

Thanks for this hint, I did this already, sorry that I didn't mention ist. I did two checks that this can't be the problem:

a.) I produced a precompiled grammar and changed this
    non capturing 's/\A(?:\w)//' to 's/\A(\w)//'
    with the same result ('a' matches, 'ä' didn't match).

b.) I changed the plain regexp test to 'ä' =~ /\A(?:\w)/
    with the same result: 'ä' and 'a' matches

I don't know what could be the reason, really.

Thanks
        Charly

--
Karl Gaissmaier       KIZ/Infrastructure, University of Ulm, Germany
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Service Group Network