On Thursday, Jul 15, 2004 "Ted Zlatanov" said:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I think it is better to create an "executable" and then execute it.
>
> Isn't this a lot harder to debug?  It seems like dumping the contents
> of a data structure is a lot easier than dumping subroutines.  With
> the high rate of P::RD initial grammar bugs, at least in my
> experience, this is an important consideration.
>
> Ted

Debugging *is* an issue, but its a small one.  I find it helpful to first
focus on the parsing itself (i.e. just get the *grammar* right) and then go
back and retrofit the actual application.

As far as debugging, you can still debug this using the perl debugger just
like you debug anything else.  The only difference is that it is a bit more
challenging to insert a breakpoint.  To insert a breakpoint in some bit of
buried subroutine, simply insert the following statement:

$DB::single=1;

and voila, you will break there with all of the access you normally have in
the debugger.

IMHO, if you are looking for ease of debug, you need to avoid PR::D
altogether... ;-)

--
 Intel, Corp.
 5000 W. Chandler Blvd.