Diabetic CHICKEN OR TURKEY DIVAN

Yield: 6 servings

Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking"

Info:

http://diabeticgourmet.com/book_archive/details/12.shtml

INGREDIENTS

-  1/4 cup stick margarine

-  3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

-  1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper

-  1 (14-1/2 ounce) can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth

-  1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk

-  2 tablespoon dry white wine

-  1 (1 pound) bag frozen broccoli spears or cuts, thawed

-  1-1/2 cups cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breast,

   cubed (18 ounces precooked)

-  2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray an 8x8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium skillet, melt the margarine. Add the flour

and pepper and stir until smooth. Cook, stirring as needed,

until thickened, about 1 minute.  Add the broth and cook,

stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles,

3-4 minutes. Add the milk and wine; reduce the heat to low.

Spread the broccoli evenly in the baking pan.

Scatter the chicken over the broccoli, then cover

evenly with the sauce. Top evenly with the cheese.

Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe):

Calories: 269, Fat: 12 g, Cholesterol: 75 mg, Sodium: 360 mg,

Carbohydrate: 8 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 32 g

Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Carbohydrate, 4 Lean Meat

RECIPE FROM THE ARCHIVE:

Wild Rice with Shiitakes & Toasted Almonds

http://diabeticgourmet.com/recipes/html/480.shtml

Enjoy

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the person I can
and the wisdom to know I am that person."
~Sylvia