  From: Marilyn L DeWeese
  To: recipesAndMore@googlegroups.com
  Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 6:58 PM
  Subject: [RecipesAndMore] Update on Frank!!!

  We saw the Oncologist today, after waiting an hour and ten minutes for him.
Frank's chemo treatments will begin next Tuesday or Wednesday.  Of course,
since it was after 4 p.m. when we saw his doctor, when his nurse called the
chemo department, no one answered the phone, so Frank has to wait until Tuesday
morning to get his first appointment.  He will receive the treatments for 2
weeks, one day a week and then have a week off.  I think it will be getting 6
or 8 weekly treatments.

  After that, he will have to have some radiation treatments.  He told his
Oncologist that he was going to drink some beer and the doctor said that the
people who drink a little don't get as sick as the ones who do not.  Frank
drank one beer this evening.

  There was a time when he wouldn't stop drinking the stuff, and now, since he
had his kidney removed and all the doctors have told him to drink at least one
daily, he doesn't want beer.  Imagine that!!!

  I'm also feeling a little depressed because I had to give my little dog,
Maggie, back to my sister, because Maggie was having problems using the
bathroom, (not outside), and the apartment manager got a little upset.  We are
going to move out of here when our lease is up in February and my sister,
Kathy, said I could have Maggie back.  All she needs is a fenced in yard.  I
can't wait.

  Thanks for listening.

  Marilyn

5:21 PM