Preparation Time :0:15
Ingredients:
32 oz bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
8 oz sour cream
1 onion
2 oz of cheddar cheese - shredded
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 stick of butter or margarine
Spread out potatoes in a 9X13 baking pan. Since the hash browns are
frozen there may be some big chunks stuck together. Break these up while
they are still in the bag. However, don't get carried away. I have
slammed a bag down on the floor with a throw that "The Body" Ventura
would have envied. Yes, the potatoes were broken up as intended, but
they were also scattered all over the kitchen, which was not intended.
Melt the butter or margarine, then spread it over the frozen potatoes.
Slice and chop the onion. Spread it over the potatoes as well. Now, in a
separate bowl (I hate this separate bowl business - it just makes for
more cleanup - unfortunately, in this case it is necessary.) mix the
mushroom soup, the sour cream and most of the cheese. Ladle this onto
the top of the potatoes and spread as evenly as possible.
Finally, sprinkle on the cheese you have left and stick pan into a 400
or so degree oven for an hour, perhaps longer depending on if you like
crunchy, browned or blackened bits of potatoes.

"THERE'S ALWAYS THAT ONE MEMORY THAT JUST WON'T GO AWAY"
*Angelique*