Brad Paisley, Randy Owen Release New Albums
Tue. November 04.2008 5:59 PM EST

Brad Paisley and Randy Owen top the list of artists releasing new albums
Tuesday (Nov. 4). Paisley's Play (Arista Nashville) is mostly instrumental,
although the vocal tracks include "Start a Band," his duet with Keith Urban.
Among the highlights is "Cluster Pluck," a tour de force featuring the guitar
talents of James Burton, Vince Gill, Albert Lee, John Jorgensen, Brent Mason,
Redd Volkaert and Steve Wariner. ... After selling 73 million albums and
gaining induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame as lead vocalist for
Alabama, Owen is releasing his first solo album, One on One (Broken Bow).
Produced by John Rich, the project includes Owen's current single, "Like I
Never Broke Her Heart." ... Other new releases include former U.S. Army Ranger
Keni Thomas' second album, Gunslinger (Tenacity), which features an array of
original songs, as well as tunes contributed by Bruce Robison and former
Sugarland member Kristen Hall. ... Trailer Choir is digitally releasing a
self-titled EP on the Show Dog Nashville label. It includes "Off the Hillbilly
Hook" from the soundtrack to Toby Keith's film, Beer for My Horses ... And
Randy Travis has delivered his first holiday DVD, Christmas on the Pecos (Image
Entertainment).

Brooks & Dunn Speak to University of Tennessee Law Students
Tue. November 04.2008 5:59 PM EST

Brooks & Dunn were on the University of Tennessee campus in Knoxville on Monday
(Nov. 3), but they weren't there to sing. The duo appeared during a panel
discussion at the university's college of law to discuss issues affecting the
entertainment industry, the Knoxville News Sentinel reports. Kix Brooks said
the music industry needs to determine how to adapt to new technology while
allowing artists, songwriters and labels to make money while many fans share
music files. "When 'Boot Scootin' Boogie' came out, the only way to get it was
to buy the Brand New Man album," Brooks noted. "We're not living in that world
anymore." Dunn said he and Brooks wanted to talk to the law students because
"they are going to be the future of our business and the foundation of what we
do." Others participating in the panel discussion were the duo's manager,
Clarence Spalding, and entertainment attorneys Joel Katz and Bobby Rosenbloum.

CMT's Lance Smith Releases Children's Book
Tue. November 04.2008 5:59 PM EST

Lance Smith, host of CMT Top 20 Countdown, has released The Old Man and the
Cat, a children's book published by Big Tent Books. It's his first book to be
published, and a portion of the proceeds from the book will be donated to Boys
& Girls Clubs of America. Smith, who served as emcee of the Dixie Chicks' 2000
Fly tour, joined CMT as the network's first VJ in 2001. The Nashville native
has written poetry since he was a child.

Kay