Egg Casserole
Ingredients:
12-16 slices of bread (crust removed and sliced in half)
8 eggs (you can use egg substitute or Egg Beaters eggs)
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated
1 pound Jimmy Dean pork sausage (cooked and drained) or 2 cups ham, cubed
1/2 cup melted butter
Method:
Remove crusts from bread and cut each slice in half. Line
bottom of 9-by-13-inch Pyrex baking dish with one layer of bread. Pour
drained sausage (or ham) evenly over bread. Cover with grated cheese, then
cover with another layer of bread triangles. Beat eggs, salt, milk, and
butter. Pour liquid very slowly and evenly over entire casserole.
Refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered next morning at 375 degrees for forty
to fifty minutes or until golden brown. I serve with a fruit salad, fruit
juice, and maybe even some miniature muffins. Sometimes I'll even fry bacon
to serve on the side. Enjoy. Note: I add onions in the pork sausage when I
cook it, but you don't have to.