  From: rebeccamann...@hotmail.com
  To: recipesandmore@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 9:02 AM
  Subject: Re: [RecipesAndMore] About Cheese

  This was interesting.

  Becky

  From: starfire1...@aol.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:11 PM
  To: janetskitc...@yahoogroups.com ; wldmtnhoney...@yahoo.com ;
csshalfp...@iowatelecom.net ; recipesandmore@googlegroups.com ;
thrifty_co...@yahoogroups.com ; domestic_bl...@yahoogroups.com ;
the_roadkill_gour...@yahoogroups.com ; jem...@hotmail.com ;
wirthlin...@gmail.com ; grineh...@opencominc.com ; beckhamma...@gmail.com ;
valerie2...@aol.com ; lacar...@hotmail.com ; southernn...@yahoogroups.com ;
delmascor...@googlegroups.com ; kavr...@comcast.net
  Subject: [RecipesAndMore] About Cheese

  Cheese:

  ~ Cheese takes up about 1/10 the volume of the milk it was made from.

  ~ In 1936 the first American blue cheese plant was founded by Felix
Frederickson in Faribault, Minnesota.

  ~ Turophilia is a love of or obsession with cheese.

  ~ Consuming cheese immediately after meals or as a between-meal snack helps
to reduce the risk of tooth decay. Certain cheeses - aged Cheddar, Swiss, blue,
Monterey Jack, Brie, Gouda and processed American cheese - have been shown to
help prevent tooth decay. Calcium, phosphorus and other components in cheese
may contribute to this beneficial effect.

  ~ Richard Nixon liked ketchup on his cottage cheese.

  ~ More than one-third of all milk produced each year in the U.S. is used to
make cheese.

  ~ The oldest evidence we have of cheese making dates from about 2300 B.C.
from the residue in an Egyptian pot.

  ~ Parmesan cheese probably originated in Parma or in Tuscany in the 11th
century. Boccaccio mentioned it in 1364.

  ~ Philadelphia brand cream cheese is one of the oldest American packaged
foods; it went on sale in its protective wrapper in 1885.

  ~ The United States produces more than 30% of the world's cheese.