1 1 /2 c sugar

1 1 /4 tsp. baking power

1 1/4 tsp.  baking soda

1/2 tsp.salt

3/4 c butter,softened

2/3 c buttermilk

3 medium to large ripe bananas, mashed

2 eggs

1 c. pecans, chopped or can be broken by hand*

Mix dry ingredients. Add butter, sour milk and bananas, stirring

until moistened.

Add eggs; beat well. Stir in nuts. Pour into greased 15 x 10 x 1

inch pan.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.

FROSTING:**

1/4 c butter

1 1/2 c powered sugar

1/2 tsp. vanilla

enough milk to get spreading consistency.

Beat frosting ingredients until smooth, add 1/2 c pecans

Frost cooled cake and cut into bars.

NOTES

* I like to break my pecans by hand because you get better pieces

I think

** I like to add a mashed ripe banana to the frosting, add extra

powered sugar if needed.

Also, if you want to make these in bread pans they are just as

good as the bars,

they do tend to sink in the middle but they are so good no one

cares

I throw a few extra pecans on top if you go the pan way.

These are really good

~To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.
-Sugar