Trudy and Rod Bray wrote:
>   Territories Minister Ian Macdonald quietly introduced a 1932
>   trespass ordinance late last year for the "parliamentary triangle",
>   The Daily Telegraph has learned.
not quietly enough! thank god there's still some people with sense working in
there who'll leak.

> Senator Macdonald says while the plans have been kept confidential, they are not
>secret plans to remove the embassy.
> "Not only is there no secret plan, there's no plan at all," Senator Macdonald said.
> "What I've indicated is I'm being briefed on the buildings out the
> front of Parliament House, I'm trying to get some advice on what
> they are about and how they come to be there and I'm consulting
> with a wide range of people on what the future might be."

erm, why is this being 'kept confiential'?
what's the trespass gazetting got to do with getting 'advice'?
who is he consulting with? i don't see any with the tent embassy.
this is such bullshit. i wonder what they'll do now. a confrontation seems a bit
inevitable and wouldn't that look great pre-olympics? (they're most interested
in looks remember, like the look of those nice lawns)

>   Labor said the plan had cast new doubts over the Government's
>   commitment to reconciliation.

means the harsh light gets taken off themselves for a moment.

does anyone know what's happening about the constitutional preamble? heard
something from Lois then nothing.

Paul

--
®  http://www.rainbow.net.au/~canning