hello all,

just wanted to mention what a friend of mine thought about becoming a
republic, even though it is something we would all want one day, and it
was this, the cost. he said that just simply re-naming everything for
instance in the Navy, taking the word Royal off everything, boats
uniforms etc would be so expensive, and that money is better spent on
other things. I thought it was an interesting idea, but one I couldnt
comment on....

cheers, Karynxx

>I agree, Trudy---as things stand, voting yes is not an option.
>
>Unfortunately, Howard will get his way and we will remain a Monarchy
ruled
>by a foreign sovereign, but the Republic was dead in the water this
time
>around once Howard was reelected--- It really was a watershed election
.

>Hopefully, Howard will be a bad memory in the not too distant
future---in
>the meantime, as you say ,we must continue to work for Indigenous
Justice
>and the Republic.
>
>Laurie
>

>Laurie and Desley Forde   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Aboriginal.
>>I suppose, in Howard's eyes, to admit to prior and ongoing ownership
in
>>the absence of conquest would be to admit that we are a nation of
>>thieves.
>>I cannot vote for this. We are a better people than that and we can do
>>much better. We have to leave John Howard behind.
>>
>>Representative Democracy
>>
>>This is not what it seems at face value but is the means by which
Howard