I have been waiting for some time to see message activity here that makes
sense.  It has been pretty quiet. Thanks for your reply.

I am an experienced software engineer with skills in C, C++, Assembly, Java,
SQL and so on, in addition to constantly learning new skills.  Let me turn your
question around.   I am willing to take a chance to help volunteer a little of
my time to make OpenOffice better. What do you want me to do?   I don't have
much spare time while I strive to pivot my career toward data analysis and find
a job  opportunity near me (or remote access) that doesn't include hidden age
discrimination.  Do you have a list of tasks available?  Are you interested in
adding new tasks such as fixing the spreadsheet filtering bug?   I signed up
expecting to see some activity and instructions on how to get started helping
that I could focus on a task to help such as debugging, fixing something, code
reviewing, mentoring making unit tests or even reproducing bugs.  My last email
was both to declare OpenOffice as still being a worthwhile product and suggest
possible ideas that occur to me.

Getting to know people  with similar interests but different perspectives while
helping is a plus.   Nobody knows my accomplishments except my former job
coworkers because I haven't been a social media type person trying to promote
everything I do and I haven't yet placed any of my personal projects on public
github repositories.  I prefer to spend most of my time focused on
accomplishing the next something.

Best regards,
David

www.linkedin.com/in/davidmlarson