Hello all,

I am not sure if you have subscribed or not. And I forogt to answer to
the email addresses. This is my second try based on what Sankar already
stated. Thanks Sankar for your answer.

Sankar Ganesh KMS wrote:

> However if we require more contribution to
> our project.we will surely let you know.
 I want to clarify:

We have definitely need in contributions. There are simply not much
volunteers active and we are not good at focusing on new people how to
contribute, while we are overwhelmed with all the open work.

If you want to contribute to openoffice you need to show the initiative
on your side. We are open for all things that you want to do.

Where we need help is at

# review, index and restructure documentation. (Forming all information
to one concept.

#  need to document code (currently it is hard to understand how each
piece works together)

#  need to move webside technology (the CMS technology we use is at end
of live, we need to move it.)

# need to update themes and layout on our websides (the wiki templates
are causing issues. We need to update the CMS. Here some work has been done)

#  creating a mac build bot on Azure (not mayor priority. Just an option.)

#  have a lot of coding contribution request. These can be seen on
bugzilla or in an smaller overview on jira. (in general. I really
recommend in learning how to build first as suggested by Sankar)

Coding contribution can be done easier through github for new
committers, we have moved to git, so we can use github for new committers).

And let me be clear anyone is a committer who does work. We do not
distinguish beyond this simple fact.

If you have questions you may ask them here (slow response time) or on
d...@openoffice.apache.org with a better response time.

please note: we all do this in our freetime so response might be slow in
general. Just ask again.

Hope that helps.

Best

Peter